Wednesday, November 30, 2005

No Search Party Required

I finally made it through a Wednesday night run with TBR without getting lost. woot woot. Actually this was by far my best effort so far. Five weeks ago there was no way I could keep up with my groups low 7 minute pace. Tonight we clocked 6.33 miles in 46:06 (7:16 pace). I ran a 10K on Thanksgiving 4 minutes slower than our run tonight. I never lost my group either, which has been a problem of mine. I fell back about 50 feet near the end, but still managed a 7:04 pace for the last quarter mile.

The course for the Carrollwood run is extremely dark and one runner stepped in a pothole tonight and twisted and ankle. Not a fun site. For three weeks in a row, I tried to find my way through the suburban forest and failed. Tonight I succeeded and I am very happy with my success.

No comments: