Friday, November 18, 2005

My Gasparillia trainer David sent this quote out today:

"I know of no single factor that more greatly affects our ability to performthan the image we have of ourselves." -Tim Gallwey, from The Inner Game of Tennis

I look back at this week and I can see that I was getting down on myself. I didn't like the way I was feeling when I got home Wednesday night and even as I started to run on Thursday. However I had a nice run of 5 miles on Thursday. I understand that endurance will not come overnight and I resign myself not to get too down on myself. Afterall, I run because I enjoy running.

Tomorrow morning is the 8 mile run with the Blue Sharks. After the run, I'm off to Homestead for the final race of the NASCAR season, weather permitting. I'm excited about the trip. This will be my forth race of the season. Something tells me that I won't be attending as many next year, so I'll make sure to soak it all in this weekend.

No comments: