Saturday, November 26, 2005

Post Turkey Day Run

This morning, I ran with the Blue Sharks again from the YMCA downtown through Davis Island. This week we ran the 11 mile loop, which was actually about 12 miles. Davo was back in town and shared some motivational thoughts along the way. I feel very lucky to be involved in the Gasparilla Marathon training program. Even 13 weeks from the marathon, I feel that I've improved immensely thanks to this program. When I finished the run this morning, I felt very good and ready to start my day.

Instead of running with the Blue Sharks next weekend, we will be running in the Brandon Half Marathon. The race is Sunday December 4th and starts at the Sports Authority at Lumsden & Providence Rd. The goal for the half is to run the event at marathon pace. I hope to finish at slightly better than 8 minute pace. Davo will help keep our group under control out of the gate, something we learned would not help us from the experience at the Turkey Trot.

I finished this week up with 30 miles, putting me over 100 miles for the month. Since September, I've average about 100 miles per month. Tomorrow I will rest well, and I plan to take off next Thursday and Friday as well. My body is beginning to feel the impact of the mileage, and I want to avoid unnecessary injury.

No comments: