Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Lost in the Dark

Tonight was a miserable run for me. I failed to keep up with my training group again, this time feeling lousy just two miles into our run. I fell far behind around mile 3 of 5 and somewhere between there and the turn home, I made a wrong turn. I found myself running aimlessly through Carrolwood, frustrated and upset. I've focused on my training, however the group I run with seems fresh when running low 7 minute miles but I do not.

After running several extra miles, I refereed to my Forerunner and used the navigation feature for the first time. I must say that although the feature is primitive, I did find my way back. Apparently there are marks on the road to guide runners, but I never saw them. It is extremely dark at 7pm these days.

My weeks have been up and down so far, usually the group run on Wednesday being my low point. I feel very comfortable on Saturday's but the quicker pace tonight really got me again. I'm not sure how to fix the problem, but I'm going to try. I really feel that I should be able to keep pace.

No comments: