Thursday, November 10, 2005

TBR Group

I ran with Tampa Bay Runners again last night. For the second week in a row, David pushed the pace and I struggled to keep up with my group. I held out for 4 miles, three of which we ran at better than 7:25. I lost the group in the final mile. My short term goal is to improve my stamina so I can keep up with the group for the entire 5 mile run.

Dave gave some good pointers about controller your breathing, basically fooling your body into thinking that you are more relaxed that you really are. I'm also going to work to improve my pace as I run by myself. I'm going to use the virtual partner feature on my forerunner today. This is a feature I've never used before, so I'll be sure to post my results.

After last nights run, I joined the TBR group for dinner and a beer. It was nice to talk to some of the members of the group. Everyone has been very helpful to our marathon training group.

No comments: