Sunday, November 06, 2005

8 Miles with the Sharks

Map of Blue Sharks 8 Mile
Saturday I ran with the Blue Sharks again. We set off to run a 7 mile loop through Davis Island. The weather was mild and I had a decent nights sleep the night before. My hydration level was good, and I felt comfortable as we run the distance at 8 minute mile pace.

By the time we returned to the YMCA, my Forerunner registered just over 8 miles. This was a nice surprise. I felt good enough not to be concerned that we weren't back when 7 miles clipped by. For the third group run in a row, I ran with David, Manny, and Rick. It's nice to have a group of trainee's (Manny, Rick, and myself) that can run together for the most part.

I'll probably take the day off today, since it is a day off according to my schedule. Normally I run every Sunday, but I worked late last night and have a lot to do today. The first thing I'll be doing today is purchasing a frame for my diploma from the MBA program at Saint Leo University. My diploma arrived yesterday, and I cannot express the sense of accomplishment I have. The program included 2 years of intense coursework in addition to my roles at work and home. I believe I will have the same feeling of accomplishment when I cross the finish line at the Gasparilla Marathon.

No comments: