Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No Sleep Run

Map of Lettuce LakeWe spent the night at the emergency room with our son last night. He was absolutely miserable with an ear infection and bronchitis. We also found out that the medication made him hyper. I managed to catch an hour of sleep or so before heading out to work today. My wife was not as lucky as me.

When I got to work, the weather was in the 60's with pretty strong winds. Since I did not run yesterday, I decided I really needed to run today regardless of my lack of sleep. I felt very good today. I think the drop in temperature made the biggest difference and I actually felt awake while I was running. I ran five miles today around Lettuce Lake Park at 7:40 pace. I never felt like I was running hard. Tomorrow night is the TBR group run. That is the run that I typically have problems with. The jump from 7:40 miles to 7:10 miles has zapped me for the past three weeks in a row. I'll just do my best and try not to get frustrated. I don't think that helps me keep pace.

No comments: