Monday, November 14, 2005

Consistent


I ran my usual 4 mile loop through Lettuce Lake park today, paying attention to my pace. I was quite happy to rattle off 3 miles of 7:50, 7:58, and 7:56. The pace felt extremely comfortable and I never felt as though I was struggling. During the last mile, I tried my best to sustain the pace. As I pulled up to the gym, I stopped the clock at the end of mile 4 (7:50).

After my run, I browsed through my Forerunner history and was surprised to see the changes in both pace and consistency in the last month. I attribute most of my improvements to the Gasparilla training program. On a side note, I also put down my audio book about a month ago. I doubt it has anything to do with my improvements, but I was getting a little burned out of the Dark Tower series. I'm about 8 hours into book IV and I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon.

No comments: