Saturday, December 03, 2005

Ready to Go

The Brandon Half Marathon is tomorrow morning and my training group will be running the race as a training run. The group plan is to run a conservative first mile, gradually picking up the pace to 3:30 Marathon. The weather will actually be a bit warm tomorrow, and I kind of wish we ran this race today instead. This afternoon I ran 2 miles to get loose for tomorrow morning. I took Thursday and Friday off.

I expect that Davo will keep us from getting too excited during the first mile. The Turkey Trot 10K showed me that letting yourself get caught up in the excitement can ruin a run. Tomorrow will be my first Half Marathon and I would be very happy if I can finish around 1:45. I believe I've trained well enough to accomplish that goal.

No comments: