Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Always in Search of Motivation

In my never-ending search for motivation, I stumbled across the Running Blog Family Directory the other day. It turns out that the group has more than 500 runners, that train and post in their blogs. When I started running again this spring, I found that I ran better when I kept track of my progress. My Forerunner 201, Motionbased.com, and this blog have served me well so far. When I joined the Gasparilla Marathon training program, I was worried about running with a group of people. However, I see how much I've improved in just over a month of training with the group.

At RBF, I found so many blogs from runners a lot like me. Sure, some are much better runners, but everyone is tracking progress, celebrating success, and fighting the urge to fail. Today I ran 5 miles at 7:40 pace, 5 weeks ago, I ran at 8:30 pace on a good day.

I was reading a post by Dallen from RBF entitled "Here They Are: 26.2 Reasons Why I Run", and noticed something on his list that also came up in conversation with Davo during last weeks 12 mile run, (No. 21, I Can Eat All I Want). Everyone laughed when Davo said that last week, really lightened the mood and motivated me to push forward even though the doubter in me wanted to peek out.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Welcome to the family :)