Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Stroll through the hood

Map of Stroller RunMy son and I went for a run this afternoon, through Tampa Heights and into downtown. The weather was very nice, but there was a slight breeze. On the way downtown, which is also slightly downhill, the wind was at our backs. When I turned around and headed home up the slight incline, I felt the load of the jogging stroller.

My first two miles were 8:43 and 8:39, which is pretty good for me with the stroller. Going back up the incline into the wind, my speed dropped to 8:58 and 9:00 for the 4 mile loop. When I run with my son, I don't normally try to run paces I shoot for alone, so I was happy with the run. My son had a good time too. He enjoys looking around while we run. Today he was pointing out a bridge to me. He's 15 months old, so I was impressed.

Tomorrow night is another workout with Tampa Bay Runners for the Gasparilla training program. It is also the night of the U2 concert in Tampa. As my wife reminded me, we could have gone to the concert, if we hadn't been in Las Vegas in March when the tickets went on sale. I'm sure U2 will be back again, and I had a great time in Las Vegas.

No comments: