Saturday, November 12, 2005

Week 3 with the Sharks

Map of Blue Sharks 6 Miler ;) This morning was the third long run with the Tampa Bay Sharks. The weather was very nice, and getting up for the 5:30 run was a little easier than previous weeks. We set out for a 6 mile run to the second water stop and back on the Davis Island path. The run turned out to be just about 8 miles, since we decided to run around the corner to the water stop from the 3 mile mark.

The pace was just under 8 minutes which was very comfortable for me. David continued to share words of wisdom and answered our questions along the way. I imagine that people pay good money for the kind of training we are getting from the Gasparilla group, especially David. I never thought this training experience would be as nice as it has been so far.

I also ran into a neighbor this morning at the run. Her group runs in Tampa Heights on weekdays at 4:30am. Just a bit early for me. She informed me that she just ran her first marathon in Chicago in 3:50. I was very impressed and I will keep her time in mind as I set my goals beyond finishing in February.

No comments: