Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ouch my toe

I've logged 108 miles over the last four weeks, including 11 this morning with the Blue Sharks running club. Overall, I feel that I am improving a great deal each week. The mileage is just starting to increase as well. Next weekend is a 13 mile run followed by 11 on Christmas Eve. I can't believe Christmas is already here.

Somehow I've managed to bruise my big toe. I'm not sure what happened, but I began to notice a problem earlier this week. Today, my toe felt like someone was yanking my nail off while I was running. I'm not sure what I can do to resolve this problem. Hopefully some rest tomorrow will help. I guess it could be my shoes. I've run in Asics GEL-1100's regularly, but this is my first pair of 2100's. They feel like they fit the same as my 1100's, but perhaps there is something different.

The run this morning was nice and easy despite my discomfort. I can't complain about the weather here in Tampa (55F this morning), especially after seeing the national forecast. I'll get a taste soon enough when we travel to Denver.

No comments: