Sunday, December 04, 2005

Half Way There

Today, I completed my first Half Marathon in Brandon, FL. My goal was 1:45 and I completed the run in 1:43:26, so I was pleased with my results. My training group and I ran a consistent pace together for the first 8 miles. At that marker, one of my colleagues went out on his own. He finished at about 1:40. At mile 11, I lost the other member of my group, but only gave up about a minute to him in the last two miles.

Map of Brandon Half MarathonHappily my laps did not fall off badly throughout the run, as happened to me in the Turkey Trot. I actually felt very good as I made the final turn towards the finish line. I believe I could have stayed with my teammates for the entire run, but this race served a greater purpose to me. My focus is on the Gasparilla Marathon and I need to prove that I can run consistent mile after mile. Today, I felt I proved I can be consistent and this will go a long way to help me prepare to run the Marathon.

This afternoon, I'm feeling a bit sore, but I plan to take it easy tomorrow. I definitely do not feel as bad as my first mile of running after taking nearly a year off to be lazy. Today's run was an accomplishment, I'm proud of.

No comments: