Friday, December 09, 2005

Feeling Slow

I ran 5 miles yesterday at 7:46 pace and yet I felt slow. In early October, my average pace was over 9 minute/mile. My running has improved so much, since I started training for the Gasparilla Marathon and I find myself pushing to run faster each week.

On Wednesday, my training teammates took off like a rocket, running the entire 6 miles under 7 minute miles. I didn't feel I could keep up with them and completed my run at 7:34/mile. I knew I ran well, but I couldn't help feeling that I failed to keep up with my group. I've been training as hard as these guys, but somehow they have the will to push harder than I've been able to do. I keep hearing that voice saying, "don't push too hard, or you won't finish". I need that voice to go away. I have not failed to finish any run I've started during my training.

My teammates tell me, that they feel the "pain" when they run that fast, but run through it. I need to push through and put the voices to bed.

No comments: