Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today was a critical day in my return to training.  I've had several false starts along the way, but I've not been able to coax myself to the gym three days in a row in a very long time.  Although my body felt tired today, I set out at lunch to the gym.  The weather was beautiful again and once I started running I felt more energetic than earlier in the morning.  

My run was a three mile loop around the park and I did a good job of reminding myself to finish the run, rather than worry about the snails pace at which I was running.  It always feels good to finish a run whilst still running.  I think it builds more confidence.

I've noticed a few things about getting back into the training mode.  First, the usual side pains didn't happen.  I think that pain was psychological rather than physical before.  I know that my body is capable of running these distances and paces and I've been able to push past the quitter in me.  It almost feels like riding a bicycle.

So far this week I've run 15.8 miles.  I plan to run again tomorrow and take Friday off.  




No comments: