Saturday, October 29, 2005

Blue Sharks Run

This morning, bright and early (5:30am), I ran my first Gasparilla Marathon training run with the YMCA Blue Sharks. David, an experienced runner, ran with our group of mostly new marathoners. The regulars where running a longer loop than the special group for first timers. We ran a six mile loop from the YMCA through west Davis Island.

The pace of our run was consistently about 8 minute miles. I felt good at this pace, although it is a bit faster than I normally push myself. I enjoyed the company and conversation along the way. David answered questions from the group and about half of the small group stuck together for the entire 6 miles.

The next group run is on Wednesday in Carrollwood with Tampa Bay Runners. I'm going to make a commitment to try to make both runs each week. I feel I will be able to push myself better with the group than alone.


Map of Davis Island Blue Sharks

No comments: