Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Running Naked

For the first time since April, I ran today without my Forerunner 201. I almost packed up my bag an waited to run at home, when I realized my favorite gadget was no in my gym bag. How could I run without my "Big Brother" to track my every move. My Forerunner is almost like my TiVo. I'm not sure how I existed before I had one.

My wife laughs at me, as I analyze my pace, map runs on Google Earth, and create graph reports at motionbased. Sure, I'm obsessed, but I've also been more serious about my running. I've always enjoyed running, but never kept up with a log, never closely tracked my pace, and never seriously followed a training plan.

This year, thanks to a new found motivation, partially due to my beloved gadget, I'm more serious than ever about my running and I'm loving it. I'll make sure to double check my back in the morning, I can't go without my Forerunner two days in a row.

No comments: