Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Off and Running, again;)

I enjoy running and have gone through stinks up to several years at a time that I have constantly kept to my routine. It's been about seven months since the last time I ran at least a month straight and I'm feeling the effects of my lethargic nature.

Starting this week, I've decided to put on my running shoes and work harder to stick with my plan. My first jog, yesterday felt miserable. The entire time, I wondered why I quit running last year. It's really simple, I was lazy and going to lunch with the gang was simple. Still, I try to convince myself I was too busy, traveled to much, the weather was too hot. Man, I can come up with some good ones.

Today during my lunch time run, which consisted of 2 miles in mild Florida weather, I felt better than yesterday. I almost feel like I've become a pro at getting back into the routine. My goal this time is to stick with the routine once I've got my grove.

Hopefully, this blog will give me some level of accountability.

No comments: